Vocalist, Tamil Nadu, India
Bhageerathi belongs to the Parur family of musicians (Parur Sundaram Iyer - Grand father, M.S.Anantharaman - Father, M. A. Sundareswaran - Brother and M. A. Krishnaswamy - Brother. Mother belongs to Gobichettipalayam. Mother’s father is a freedom fighter by name Kittasami Aiyyar.
She is an Associate professor and head -in -charge, Department of music in Queen Mary’s college, Chennai, has been in the teaching line for 27 years. She holds M.A. (Music)., M.Phil (Music), Phd (Music), M.Com., M.Phil.(Com), degrees.
She has been learning music from father Kalaimamani M. S. Anantharaman, Dr. V. V. Srivatsa, Smt. Vidya Shankar [sister of Nobel Laurette Subramaniam Chandrasekar and niece of Nobel Laurette Sir C. V .Raman] and Parur Venkatraman and Tevarams from Kapali oduvar.
Title of M.Phil dissertation - Todi rāga as handled by the musical Trinity
Title of the PhD dissertation - Professor Sambamurti’s contribution to Music theory
Has been a member of the Doctoral committee in the University of Madras, Mother Teresa Women’sUniversity, Pondicherry University, Bharathidasan University,
PANN ARAICHI - Has been into PAN RESEARCH for the past 25 YEARS.
Has been presenting papers for the past several years in TAMIL ISAI SANGAM, CHENNAI during the December Pann Araichi, along with Dr.Tiruppamburam Shanmugasundaram.
From December 2011, Six pans and their equivalent ragams have been decided by me, which are taken up for pan research.
Has conducted special classes for the students of the “University of IOWA, USA, during December 2011. The students made a presentation after the course, in front of the US Ambassador ANDREW SIMKIN and invited music connoisseurs and won accolades
The recent Panns presented for finding the equivalent ragas are Sigandhi and Sayavelarkolli- Reported in several Tamil dailies and Sruti.
Married to Dr.Kanagasabesan Nagarajan, Daughter Harini is a violinist and plays concerts regularly. Second daughter is a civil engineer.Shows & Major Performances
Has been singing in front of Gandhi statue for martyrs’ day and Gandhi jayanthi celebrations for the past 27 years and recently sang for Gandhi jayanthi celebrations in the presence of THE HON’BLE CHIEF MINISTER DR.J.JAYALALITHAA, who sat through the bhajan session fully.
1. Has tuned the song “Bharatha desamendru” of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathiyar and recorded the same, which was used for the group dance performances given by various educational institutions in the august presence of Hon’ble Chief Minister os Tamil Nadu DR.J.JAYALALITHAA, who actually approved the music.
2. Has tuned the song “Taye Vandanam” of Namakka Kavignar and recorded the same, which was used for the group dance performances given by various educational institutions in the august presence of Hon’ble Chief Minister oF Tamil Nadu DR.J.JAYALALITHAA, who actually approved the music.
3. Has sung the song written by His Excellency DR.A.P.J.ABDUL KALAM [Sudandira yezuchiyin velviyile] and tuned by daughter, Harini. Has BEEN HONOURED BY Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam during his tenure as President of India and performed in front of him, which was reported in many leading dailies like MATRU BHOOMI, ENADU, DECCAN CHRONICLE, DINAMANI, AND IN WEEKLIES LIKE AVAL VIGADAN AND IN TVS LIKE JAYA TV, DD all over India.
BOOKS WRITTEN - Book titled “Professor Sambamurti –a visionary musicologist”- published by The Music Academy, Chennai-written along with Sanjay, Bombay Jayashree and T.M.Krishna
Book on “Periyapuranam” - Sekkizharum Isaiththamizhu-published by the International Insitute for Tamil studies, Taramani under hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Dr.J.Jayalalithaa endowment on 22nd February 2012
COMMISSION - Has served as the member of affiliation commission for the University of Madras for granting affiliation to TAMIL ISAI SANGAM COLLEGE for B.Music and M.Music courses, during 2011.
WEBSITE ON TAMIL ISAI - Has a website “Tamizisai.weebly.com” and has been publishing regularly about Tamizisai.
Has presented more than 50 papers and have been pumlished on topics of culture, religion, pannisai and more.
Board Chairman - Chairman -Board for framing the school syllabus for music from VI to IX standards, 2003.
Teachers Recruitment Board - A member for selecting the teachers for appointment in collegiate service, for the Tamil Nadu Government (2007).
Board of studies - A member of the board of studies for
1. University of Madras
2. Annamalai University
3. INDIRA GANDHI OPEN UNIVERSITY, DELHI
4. BHARATIYA VIDYA BHAVAN, LONDON.
1. University of Madras
2. Mother Teresa Women’s University
3. Annamalai University
Resource person - Refresher course conducted by
1. Annamalai University, Chidambaram,
2. Course conducted for training CBSE music teachers by The Government of India
3. Course conducted for Government music teachers by Kalaippanpattu maiyam at Tamil Nadu Arasu Isaikkalluri
VISUAL MEDIA - Has been giving programmes in DD and other private channels for classical and devotional music.
SAMPRADAYA - Committee Member of this music organization, serving on a honorary basis along with vidvans like T.M.Krishna
PUBLIC PERFORMANCES - Given more than thousand performances in several venues like Tamil Isai Sangams in Tamil Nadu and other prestigious venues all over India.
G2, Ground floor, Coronet castle,
Old no7/ New no.16,Marvadi Tottam,
Subbarayan Road, Mylapore, Chennai.
Email: email@example.comAwards & Recognitions
during December 2007, from Padma Vibhushan Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna.
from Lalgudi Tamilisai Sangam, in November 2008
for the best paper presented during its December Music conference, for the year 2004
from the Dandapani Desigar 100th year celebration committee
250th year award
from the Tyagaraja Aradhana committee on 26th January 2011
during July 2011
during August 2011
during September 2011
by the Lions club international on 7th January 2012