Carnatic Vocalist, Tamil Nadu, India
Date of Birth : 01 - Sep - 1988
Deepika hails from a musically distinct school of G.N.B, M.L.V and Sudha Ragunathan. She completed her B.Tech. Information Technology from Easwari Engineering College and is currenlty in pursuit of Masters in Sanskrit, Madras University.
Deepika’s initiation into music and then into the world of films does seem amazing that the playful child metamorphosed into a responsible professional in different strokes, be it singing, acting, dubbing for films and serials, modelling for commercials or playing the piano. Since 1997, Deepika learns music from Padmashri Sudha Ragunathan.
• Geetha Varadarajan
• Vittal Ramamurthy
• Vairamangalam Lakshmi Narayanan
Since 1997 Deepika learns from Padmashri Sudha Ragunathan.
• As a Playback Singer - Sung in 6 languages for leading music directors like Ilayaraja, A.R.Rahman, M.S.Visvanathan, Deva, Vidyasagar etc.
• As an actor - Acted in a lead role and also sang Krithis in a tele serial “Kaiyalvu Manasu” and its Hindi remake “Chhoti Si Asha” and a tele film “Kaadhal Vangi Vanden” directed by K.Balachander.
Acted and sang in a telugu movie “Amma Ammanu Chudalani Vundhi” with Ramya Krishna.
• As a dubbing artiste - Lent her voice in the movies ‘Avvai Shanmugi”, “Soorya vamsham”, “The Lion King”, “Ennavale” etc.
• As a model - Appeared in commercials like “Sakthi Masala”, “Dukes biscuits”, “Jayam foods”, “Karur Vysya Bank”, “Henko”, etc.
• As a Pianist - Passed grade examinations from the Trinity College Of Music, London in Western Classical Solo Piano.Shows & Major Performances
Sang a classical song for the 64th Birth Anniversary of Dr.M.L.Vasantakumari at the age of 3.
• Direct B High Grade artiste in the AIR
• Won a lot of prizes and has performed in various Sabhas and Temples.
• Selected by the Govt.of United States of America for an Arts Exchange Programme on Music Composition and Performance.
• She was one of the 20 musicians from 6 different countries, India, U.S.A, Brazil, South Africa ,Ireland and Mali and presented a South Indian classical piece in collaboration with them.
• Chinnanchiru Kiliye – released at the age of 8
• Kandha Shashti Kavasam
• Thiru malaivasa
• Samarpanam- a work of Chitraveena N.Ravikiran
• Shirdi Baba, etc.
Major Venues that hosted Deepika
• Music Academy-Spirit of Youth Festival
• Narada Gana Sabha
• Karthik Fine Arts
• Sri Krishna Gana Sabha
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
• Mylapore Fine Arts Club
• Sri Parthasarathy Swami Sabha
• Brahma Gana Sabha
• Bharath Kalachar
• Thyaga Bramha Gana Sabha(Vani Mahal)
• Nungambakkam Cultural Academy
• The Indian Fine Arts Society
• Nada Neerajanam, Tirupati
• Sangeetha Parishath, Mangalore
• R.R.Sabha, Mumbai
• Rajalakshmi Fine Arts, Coimbatore etc.
Website: www.deepikav.comAwards & Recognitions
from Karthik Fine Arts – December 2011
from Bharat Kalachar - December 2011
in the Junior category from Sri Parthasarathy Swami Sabha for her performance during December 2009 Music Season.