Keyboard, Tamil Nadu, India
Date of Birth : 01 - Feb - 1995
K. Sathyanarayanan (born February 1st, 1995), is a musician who brings out his musical thoughts on the keyboard. He has been performing on the public stage since the age of six. Sathyanarayanan, at the age of 10, was among the youngest to have passed the Grade 8 keyboard examinations conducted by Trinity College, London. He has released 16 music albums and has performed over 850 concerts in India and abroad. Sathyanarayanan has won several awards for his
talent, performances and path-breaking efforts to establish the keyboard as a main-line instrument on the Indian classical music firmament.
A class 11 student of Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai, India, his pioneering efforts of playing Carnatic music on the keyboard has led to All India Radio awarding it the status of a lead instrument. He has also been graded by the All India Radio as a lead artist at age 15.
• Presently under the tutelage of Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna.and Kum. A. Kanyakumari
• Has been under the guidance of Mandolin Shri U Shrinivas
• Western classical on keyboard from Sri Alphonse and Sri. Sadanandam.
• Learnt Violin for a short period with Sri Vittal Ramamurthy before he turned his focus towards the keyboard when he was 6 years old.
• Initiated in music by grandfather Sangeetha Bhushanam Sri Embar S Sadagopan
• Toured South Africa and Mauritius at the age of 8 performing 18 concerts (April-May 2003)
• Toured USA and Canada in April-May 2010 performing 19 concerts
• Toured USA and Canada with the Heartbeat ensemble in September-October 2011 performing 14 concerts
• Performed in Doha, Qatar in April 2007 and in Bahrain in November, 2009
• Passed the initial grade of the practical examination on the piano of the Trinity College, London at the age of 4
• Featured in the Limca Book of records 2003 as the youngest Indian to pass the 4th Grade keyboard examination conducted by the Trinity College,
• Has performed at almost every major classical music forum in India
• Performed as part of the World Music Day in Bangalore, India in June 2011 Collaborations
• Performed with Grammy Award winner Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt in Bangalore, India and Chennai, India
• Performed with Melharmony creator Chitraveena N. Ravikiran
• Colloborated with Bass guitarist and music composer Paul Jacob of Bodhi Muzzik for stage shows and also for the album, Sathya's Synthesis
• Dec, 2011 Four albums - Ragamalika, Madhuram, Sukhanubhavam, Manoharam - produced by Giri Trading Agencies, Chennai
• Dec, 2010 Anandham, a live concert recordingreleased under Geetha Cassettes of Giri Trading Agencies, Chennai
• Nov, 2009 “Bhajan on Keyboard” - produced by Serendipity Productions
• Nov, 2008 Carnatic on Keyboard–Live Concert–Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha Dec’07”by SaReGaMa.
• Oct, 2008 Carnatic on Keyboard – Live Concert – Bharat Utsav 2006”, under Carnatica
• Dec, 2007 Video album titled “Sathya’s Synthesis” under Moserbaer.
• Apr,2007 Carnatic on Keyboard - Live concert – Vol – 1 (Mp3 format)
• Mar, 2006 Carnatic on Keyboard Vol. 3”, produced by Sri N Balasubramanian, M/s T S M & Sons.
• Nov, 2005 The Classic Medley (Vathapi to Vandhe Mataram)” under Kosmic Music.
• June 2004 Carnatic on Keyboard Vol. 2” produced by Serendipity Music Productions.
• Aug. 2003 Debut album ‘Carnatic on Keyboard Vol. 1’, produced by Serendipity Music Productions.
Conferred Yuva Kala Bharathi title by Bharat Kalachar on November 26th, 2011.
Valayapatti Kaashyap’s Nadhalaya Child Artiste Award 2010 on 27 December 2010
Bala Kala Rathna on 14 December 2010 from IssaiMazhalai Ramjhi’s Balakalasagaram
Yuva Kala Vipanchee by Vipanchee - under the chairmanship of Dr. M. Balamurali Krishna in Dec’08
Conferred “Vidwanmani” by Sree Kamatchi Kaingarya Trust, Nanganallur in Oct, 2007
Beethoven Re-incarnated Award from Rotasia on the 16th February, 2007
Awarded “Aasthana Vidwan” status by Sri Kalahastheeswara Temple, A.P. on 12th Feb’07
Winner - Pogo Amazing Kid Musician Award 2006 received in Dec’06
Gottuvadhyam Narayana Iyengar’s award from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai in Aug’06
Received Child Prodigy Award from Sangam Kala Group, Chennai chapter on the 5th Feb’06
Samaika Bharath Gaurav Sarkar award from Madras Telugu Academy - Apr’05
Scholarship from Bharat Kalachar for the year 2004 – 06 & renewed for the period 2007 – 2012
K S Mahadevan Endowment Award from Narada Gana Sabha in year 2005
BALAMANI award in year 2004 from Bharat Vikas Parishad & Wisdom International Award, in 2003
Received IWA award Youth Achievement Award from Rotary International, Anna Nagar in 2003